Welcome to Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad
DULUTH'S FIRST RAILS !
A unique, one-of-a-kind railroad experience!!
RIDE THE TRAIN !
July 23 & 24, 2016
10:30AM & 1:30PM
Ride our train, The Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad. Experience the majestic beauty of the St Louis River Corridor in West Duluth. Climb aboard this vintage train and travel along some of the original track of the 1st railroad coming into Duluth from St Paul in 1870. It's fun for all ages. Try it. You'll Like It !!
CHOO CHOO PADDLE SHUTTLE SERVICE -
SOMETHING FUN, SOMETHING NEW
LAKE SUPERIOR & MISSISSIPPI RAILROAD HAS PARTNERED WITH SPIRIT LAKE MARINA TO OFFER SHUTTLES FOR KAYAKERS AND CANOEISTS WHO WISH TO PADDLE THE ST LOUIS RIVER.
- START AT THE MARINA. RENT ONE OF THEIR BOATS OR BRING YOUR OWN.
- BOARD THE LS&M TRAIN
- PADDLE BOATS WILL BE SHUTTLED TO THE TRAIN'S END OF TRACK (BOY SCOUT LANDING IN MORGAN PARK)
- PICK UP YOUR KAYAK OR CANOE AND PADDLE BACK ALONG THE RIVER TO THE MARINA.
Contact Spirit Lake Marina RV @ 218-628-3578 for information, reservations, and ticket purchase.
Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad contact @ 218-624-7549
RIDE THE TRAIN, PADDLE THE RIVER, HAVE A GLORIOUS DAY
VETERANS & ACTIVE MILITARY RIDE FREE SUNDAYS
25 FREE PASSES WILL BE RESERVED FOR VETERANS EACH OF THE TWO RIDES EVERY SUNDAYSEE EVENTS PAGE
VOLUNTEERS ALWAYS WELCOME
Check out our Volunteer Page to find something of interest.
Join up. It is great family fun!
HELP SUPPORT THE RAILROAD - BUY A T-SHIRT !!!
Show your support for this organization with the purchase of an LS&M shirt.
Select a shirt or hoodie from this link to
"BIG FROG" CUSTOM T-SHIRTS OF DULUTH
or stop at the Store to customize your shirt color or style.
5115 BURNING TREE ROAD, SUITE #315B, DULUTH, MN, 55811 218-491-6400
- The LSMRR tourist train departs every Saturday & Sunday at 10:30 am & 1:30 pm for a 1 hour & 40 minute ride along the St. Louis River.
- The season runs from June 18, 2016 through October 16, 2016.
- The ride departs from the ticket office on Grand Ave across from the Lake Superior Zoo (behind the Little Store).
- No reservations necessary, however, group tickets may be purchased in advance. (See Scheduel/Fare/Charter page)
- Group charters are available by reservation only. (See Schedule/Fare/Charter page)
Historic Route: The ride follows the last six miles of the 1870’s track of the first train into Duluth,, the original Lake Superior & Mississippi.
Natural Setting: The train traces the St Louis River providing excellent viewing of nature & wildlife.
- Wildlife abounds – Bald Eagles, Great Blue Herons, Turkey Vultures, Loons, Swans, Geese & Ducks with their young are common sights along with deer, fox & various other animals.
- The train crosses Mud Lake Causeway with water on both sides of the track.
- The fully narrated trip tells the rich history along the river.
Antique Equipment: Vintage equipment includes---
- two 1912 passenger coaches, both 100 years old this year-2012 !
- a 1946 engine
- an open-air Safari Car.