The locomotive is a General Electric Center Cab 50T Type Industrial Switcher built in 1946. It spent its working life until August 1984 at the Flambeau Paper Mill in Park Falls, Wisconsin as a switch engine. In 1985 it was donated by the Flambeau Paper Co. to the Lake Superior and Mississippi Railroad. A similar engine in the same livery once operated in the Duluth Union Station.
Once a flat car built by Siems - Staubel Co of St Paul MN in 1928 for the Northern Pacific Railway. It was donated to the Lake Superior and Mississippi Railroad by the Hallett Dock Co. and was converted by the LSMR for passenger use. It now provides passengers with an open air trip along the rails.
Coach 29 was built in 1912 by the American Car and Foundry for the Duluth, Missabe and Iron Range Railway. It was remodeled in 1939 but many original fittings remain.
Coach 85 was built in 1912 by the American Car and Foundry for the Duluth, Missabe and Northern Railway. It was later converted into a crew bunk car in a wrecking train. It has been fitted with seats from a 1950's coach.
The coaches were used on services between the Iron Range and Duluth. They were purchased by the Lake Superior and Mississippi Railroad and have been rebuilt, repainted and given new seating with original fittings retained whenever possible.